The Department of General Medicine deals with the prevention, diagnosis and non-surgical treatment of various diseases. It serves as the first point of contact whenever a patient visits the hospital. A general physician conducts a physical examination of the patient and then recommends the necessary tests and diagnostic procedures. The results of these tests, the general physical examination and symptoms are then correlated to arrive at a final diagnosis. Depending on the final diagnosis, the general physician gives the necessary treatment (usually medication) to the patient or refers to a speciality department for further treatment. The department of general medicine at Manipal Hospitals is favored by a multitude of people owing to the fact that is a convenient one-stop-solution. Add to this, the presence of talented specialists, modern diagnostic services and a 24-hour pharmacy go on to make this the all-round solution that patients seek.
Treatment & Procedures
The department of general medicine provides treatment for the following:
- All types of fevers
- Infections affecting different organs of the body
- All metabolic diseases and endocrine diseases such as diabetes, thyroid, cholesterol, obesity.
- Blood pressure
- Tummy aches, infections like vomiting, diarrhoea and jaundice
- Infectious diseases
- Respiratory diseases like asthma, allergies, lung infection, cough, sinusitis, pneumonia & TB
- Disease of the joints and limbs, backache>
- Problems like a headache, muscular weakness, epilepsy.
Take charge of your fertility with our screening packages
There are many different factors that can affect the fertility of both women and men. Even if you are not currently trying for a baby you may be wondering, or have concerns about your fertility healthstyle="color:#e74c3c">.There are various screening tests that can be done to evaluate fertility for both women and men